“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
— Margaret Meade
LNE was founded in 1981 in response to the community’s need for a steady supply of leaders who are both familiar with the general structure of the community, its problems and issues and assets, and who are also capable of organizing and directing the efforts of others. This nine-month core program is designed for adult professionals to develop leadership skills, become more acquainted and involved within our community, and to work together to strengthen Northeast Pennsylvania.
- Bring together current and emerging leaders representing a broad cross-section of the community: business, government, education, religion, the arts, minority groups, service and community organization
- Assist participants in recognizing and developing their leadership skills
- Acquaint participants with community needs, resources and other factors that influence the direction of Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Provide opportunities for a diverse group of individuals to interact with each other and with community leaders and decision-makers.
- Foster interest in volunteer community service by creating and implementing group projects that address needs in the community
- Stimulate a commitment and a responsibility to serve and strengthen our communities
Monthly sessions are held on the first Thursday of the month from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., unless otherwise noted. Note: Opening Retreat is a mandatory two-day program.
Core Class of 2023
Procter & Gamble
F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts
AssuredPartners of Northeastern Pennsylvania
Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
Catalyst Power Holdings
Benchmark McCabe Division
Luzerne County Public Defender’s Office
Rosenn, Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP
Geisinger Health Plan
Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Family Service Association of NEPA
The Hershey Company
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies
Step by Step, Inc.
Procter & Gamble
Community Bank, N.A.
Maternal and Family Health Services
Baker Tilly US, LLP
Diamond City Partnership
Wilkes-Barre Scranton Chiropractic
Blu Door Financial
Tobyhanna Army Depot
Highlights for Children Magazine
Luzerne County 9-1-1
Greater Wyoming Valley Chamber of Commerce
Luzerne County Head Start
Wells Fargo Bank
Clem-Mar House, Inc.