“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
— Margaret Meade
LNE was founded in 1981 in response to the community’s need for a steady supply of leaders who are both familiar with the general structure of the community, its problems and issues and assets, and who are also capable of organizing and directing the efforts of others. This nine-month core program is designed for adult professionals to develop leadership skills, become more acquainted and involved within our community, and to work together to strengthen Northeast Pennsylvania.
- Bring together current and emerging leaders representing a broad cross-section of the community: business, government, education, religion, the arts, minority groups, service and community organization
- Assist participants in recognizing and developing their leadership skills
- Acquaint participants with community needs, resources and other factors that influence the direction of Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Provide opportunities for a diverse group of individuals to interact with each other and with community leaders and decision-makers.
- Foster interest in volunteer community service by creating and implementing group projects that address needs in the community
- Stimulate a commitment and a responsibility to serve and strengthen our communities
Monthly sessions are held on the first Thursday of the month from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., unless otherwise noted. Below is a tentative schedule for the 2021-2022 program year. Note: Opening Retreat is a mandatory two-day program with an overnight stay.
Tentative Calendar for the 2021-2022 Core Program:
August, 2021: Program Overview
September 9 & 10, 2021: Team Building/Consensus (Opening Program)
October 7, 2021: Vision and Mission Program
November 4, 2021: Volunteerism & Servant Leadership Program
December 2, 2021: Collaboration/Arts & Recreation Program
January 6, 2022: Making Your Voice Heard: Communication/Media Program
February 3, 2022: Cultural Perspectives/Emotional Intelligence Program
March 3, 2022: Board Trusteeship/Leadership Skills Program
April 7, 2022: Government/Justice: Influencing Public Life Program
May 5, 2022: Closing Retreat
June TBD, 2022: Annual Dinner and Graduation
If you are interested in becoming a member of the LNE Core class, please email email@example.com or contact the Leadership Northeast office at (570) 270-LEAD (5323).