“In this world, there is no force equal to the strength of a woman determined to rise.”
– W.E.B. Du Bois
The Amplify: Women’s Leadership Certificate Program is the first of its kind in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Cutting-edge leadership development, high level networking opportunities, and access to a dynamic series of speakers will offer participants an unprecedented and transformative leadership experience that will address the unique needs of women in the workforce. Amplify is a powerhouse collaboration between Leadership Northeast, the Greater Wyoming Valley Chamber of Commerce Elevate Women’s Network, and Dr. Christine Kiesinger of CEK Communication.
What does this program do? In 6 dynamic half day sessions held at women-run businesses throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania, you and your class of thirty women will:
- Gain strategies and tools to support you in your unique leadership journey
- Build effective networks and create opportunities to develop professional relationships through a community of practice model, mentorships and sponsorships with other women leaders
- Develop solutions to address the unique challenges women face in the workforce
- Learn to navigate complex leadership and career patterns while maintaining personal relationships and responsibilities
Designed for women in mid to senior-level leadership positions in the corporate, non-profit, education and government sectors, this program will help you develop your full professional and personal potential as a leader among your team and your organization. We recommend participants have a minimum of five years’ experience in the workforce. You’ll work to identify the unique strengths and values that enhance your leadership style and explore integrative and collaborative solutions to meeting women’s day to day leadership challenges. Topics include:
- Value-driven leadership identity
- Leveraging emotional intelligence: The Role of Empathy, Compassion, Authenticity, and Integrity in Women’s Leadership
- The Importance of Well-Being in Women’s Leadership
- Empowered Speaking: Strengthening our public speaking skills
- Bringing Curiosity, Creativity, and Confidence to Conflict, Negotiation and Difficult Conversations
- A Woman’s Worth: Enhancing Our Financial Well-Being
- Leading the change: innovative policies and structural change
- Discover how to use your women-based network in more strategic ways and take advantage of the strong support system of women this program will create
Program Dates and Times
Program Orientation Luncheon: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 11:30am – 1:30pm
Session 1: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Session 2: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Session 3: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
Session 4: Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Session 5: Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Session 6: Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Graduation Celebration: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 from 5pm to 7pm
All sessions will be held from 9am – 12pm with optional lunch and workshops to follow, unless otherwise noted.
Tuition for the Amplify: Women’s Leadership Certificate Program is $1,250 per applicant and is due by June 30, 2023. This includes costs for all materials, meals, and graduation expenses. Upon acceptance into the program, a tuition invoice will be sent. Optional choices for additional social opportunities will be available throughout the program. Participants are responsible for transportation.
Applicants will be considered first-come, first-served and applicants will be notified of their acceptance via email no later than May 2023. Class size will be a maximum of 30 participants.
The Amplify Class of 2023 is currently full. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist, please contact Nicole Hurchick at email@example.com or (570) 270-5323.
Amplify Class of 2023
Carole Emilie Baddour
Dallas School District
Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center
First Keystone Community Bank
Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Allied Services Integrated Health System
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Co.
Geisinger Health Plan
CASA of Luzerne County
Shine Afterschool Program of Luzerne County at Wilkes University
King’s College/NEPA Rainbow Alliance
The Honesdale National Bank
Diamond City Partnership
Rachel Olszewski Conrad
Pennsylvania Harness Horseman’s Association
Luzerne County Community College
Luzerne County Child Advocacy Center
Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne and Wyoming Counties
Building Blocks Learning Center
Luzerne County Head Start, Inc.
Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
Creative Benefits, Inc.
Tobyhanna Army Depot