Network with 6 area colleges and universities!
Leadership Northeast is proud to offer one of the few college-level leadership programs throughout the country that is designed to bring together a diverse group of student leaders from six separate colleges and universities. Intercollegiate Leadership (ICL) provides leadership training, personal and professional development and unprecedented networking opportunities for 42 of the region’s higher education students. During six intensive program days that take place over the course of two semesters, ICL participants learn leadership skills while discussing campus issues and exploring economic, social, cultural and political trends in Northeastern Pennsylvania. This program provides a unique opportunity to work with students from other schools, visit and learn about their campuses and get first hand experience in your field of study.
Participating colleges and universities include: Keystone College, King’s College, Luzerne County Community College, Misericordia University, Penn State Wilkes-Barre, and Wilkes University. Tuition for the Intercollegiate Leadership Northeast program is funded by the participants’ college or university.
- Enhance students’ leadership skills
- Improve civic education by providing a forum for student leaders to meet community leaders and discuss issues important to the region’s future
- Provide an opportunity for student leaders to interact with their peers from other area colleges and universities
- Increase students’ appreciation of the value of community service and volunteer participation
- Provide real-world job experience through the Community Connections program
- Provide an opportunity for colleges to recognize students with leadership potential
Applications must be submitted to Leadership Northeast through your school Intercollegiate Leadership Advisory Council member. Click on your school logo to contact your Advisory Council representative, or contact Jessica Cronauer at (570) 270-5323 for more information.