- June 28, 2022
- Posted by: LWB
- Category: News
The Junior Leadership Northeast program recently received a $2,500 donation from the Pennsylvania State Education Association (PSEA). The donation will be used to enhance leadership training and provide assistance to participants in the form of assistance and waivers of application fees.
Junior Leadership Northeast, formed in 1985, is a servant leadership development program for area high school juniors. Participants meet monthly to discuss such topics as learning styles, the importance of consensus and collaboration, effective teambuilding skills and cultural awareness. In addition to the monthly meeting days, participants also organize several community impact projects each year. Current projects include:
- Aim for Education – benefiting the McGlynn Center
- Book Buddies – benefiting the Osterhout Free Library
- Happy Brain Initiative – benefiting Hillside Farms
- Hygiene for Humanity – benefiting the Catherine McAuley Center
- Kids Care for Kids – benefiting the Children’s Service Center of Wyoming Valley
- Lettuce Feed Those In Need – benefiting Fork Over Love
- Pets for Vets – benefiting Pets for Vets
- Rally for Ruths – benefiting Ruth’s Place
- Super Kids – benefiting A Moment of Magic
Leadership Northeast would like to thank the Northeastern Region PSEA Council IV, which represents the dedicated public school teachers, counselors, librarians, and specialists of Crestwood, Dallas, Greater Nanticoke Area, Hanover, Hazleton, Lake Lehman, LCCC, LIU #18, Northwest Area, Tunkhannock, West Side CTC, Wilkes-Barre Area, Wilkes-Barre CTC, Wyoming Area, and Wyoming Valley West, and specifically, PSEA President Susan Augello-Kuhl, Vice President Michael J. Cherinka Jr., Treasurer MaryBeth Zardus, and Secretary Janice Ciavarella.
Pictured at the Leadership Northeast Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony are Jess Cronauer, LNE Program Director, Bill Wagner, Retired Educator and PSEA Representative, & Lori Nocito, LNE Executive Director.